English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

'Teen Wolf's Dylan O'Brien: 'I've never seen Twilight'


Dylan O'Brien has admitted that he is not a big fan of the supernatural genre of film and TV.

The Teen Wolf star, who plays Stiles Stilinski in the hit MTV remake of the 1985 film, told Parade that he has never seen Twilight but understands that much Teen Wolf's success is owed to the popularity of vampires and other monsters in pop culture.

"I was a True Blood fan for the first two seasons but I've never seen Twilight or Vampire Diaries, which we get compared to a lot. They're the only reason we have the show in the first place, so they're a huge part of why we're successful," O'Brien explained.

"It's their audience that we're picking from, but I think our show has got some originality. It was our job to implement our own unique factor because if we didn't bring creativity to it, then we're just kind of regurgitating Twilight."

O'Brien also said that he had never even heard of the original Teen Wolf when auditioning for his role.

The 19-year-old actor added: "I didn't even know what Teen Wolf was when I read the pilot script. I didn't watch it until after I got the role, but I loved it. I got such a kick out of Jerry Levine.

"It was really cool to see the original spin on Stiles. It reminded me that I needed to not be a total nerd!"

Teen Wolf was recently renewed for a second season by MTV and will get 12 new episodes in 2012.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...