English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Selena Gomez And Leighton Meester Open Up About Growing Up In Single-Parent Households!

In Selena Gomez's new movie, Monte Carlo, the actress plays a teenager in the middle of acclimating to a new step-parent and sister, played by Leighton Meester, and she's recently revealed that she drew a lot of inspiration for the part from her own parents' divorce when she was just five years old!

She explains:

"I just think it's really common nowadays, that you grow up in a single-parent household. I grew up like that, and I was fine. My dad was still in my life, so it was good. I love that there's that message in the movie. Being able to be married into a family, which is so common, and having people you don't know like stepsisters and stepbrothers, and getting past the awkward stage. I think it was nice that we touched on that."

And Leighton agrees:

"I feel like we're all family, and it's actually a happier family then when I was younger and it was just me and my brothers. I have sisters now, and I always wanted sisters, and so for the last nine years they've been my sisters. It's great, but I think a lot of people can relate to that. It is sort of weird at first, I guess. I think the movie touches on that a bit. It's the same thing as meeting somebody on a movie, either they're cool or they're not."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...