English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

The Secret Circle’s Gale Harold: “I’m The Hit Man”

Charles Meade (Gale Harold) might be a murder-crazed villain, but he’s our favorite part of The Secret Circle! Wait, sorry –– did we say villain? According to Gale Harold, Charles is more than just villainous.

“He's not just a villain,” Gale tells The Futon Critic. “He's known to people in the town as someone who also has a daughter and so he's a family man and if anyone ever finds out what he's fooling around with, the first thing is going to happen, possibly, is my daughter could be taken from me before I even make it to jail. For me, that's what is more interesting.”

Yes, but surely the fact that Charles burnt Cassie’s (Britt Robertson) mom to a crisp makes him somewhat evil, right?

“He's not some kind of guy who rides into town and starts hurting people,” Gale explains. “Though he does do that if he needs to. He has to be incredibly careful and he has to make sure no one really knows what's going on. It would put him in a lot of legal trouble and he's actively trying to build a whole new situation so the devil side of the character is very interesting.”

We’re pretty sure Charles pulling up in a car and getting his murder on qualifies him as the “kind of guy who rides into town and starts hurting people,” but we’ll go with Gale’s “misunderstood family man” thing for now. But what about Charles’ relationship with the beautiful Dawn Chamberlain (Natasha Henstridge)?

“I'm the hit man,” Gale reveals. “I do things that could have already put me very far away. I need her to be more level-headed and rational and logical. She's a high school [principal]. People have their assumptions about lawyers that are not always positive, right? But high school [principals] typically are all about the community and the students.”

So who wears the power pants in this dynamic duo? “Charles is going to plan a take-over because he's very, very compelled to do what he does and I think it's going to turn into a very serious addiction and once that happens I think I'm going to become slowly less controllable even if I know it's for my best interest to play it safe within the context of burning people to death and making people drown. I think it's going to come loose.”
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...